“The Mission of the Hermitage School District is to educate our students to become motivated and responsible citizens. We will graduate students who are critical thinkers, effective problem solvers, strong communicators and creative individuals. Our students will use literacy, writing and technology as tools to contribute and compete in a diverse society.”
News and Announcements
New PowerSchool URL
On June 1st, our PowerSchool address changed to https://powerschool.hermitagesd.net. Although a redirect was created, we recommend that you update bookmarks to use the new site’s address. Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience.
2023 Summer Academy
We are excited to share with you the course offerings for the 2023 Summer Academy. By clicking on this link (Summer Academy Brochure) you will find the courses being offered this summer. Course enrollment forms (Enrollment Form) and payment must be submitted to the main office of your child’s school. Space is limited, so course enrollments will be received on a first come, first serve basis. If you have any questions regarding the Summer Academy, please contact Mrs. Barb Knauff at 724.981.8750 ext. 6010.
2023-2024 Kindergarten Registration and Screenings
The Hermitage School District utilizes an online registration process for all incoming students. All registrations for incoming Kindergarten students may be completed online at this link. Once your Registration is submitted successfully you must return to this page and sign up for a screening appointment using this link. Screening dates are March 8th and 9th.
The following forms must be uploaded during the registration process:
- State Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Guardianship (if not natural parent)
- Proof of Residence (deed, lease, two current utility bills, property tax bill)
Please Note: If you do not have access to a computer, please contact our Central Administrative Offices at 724.981.8750 ext. 6000 to schedule an appointment. You will need to bring the above documents with you to the appointment in order to complete your child’s registration.
Your child must be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2023
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Cindy Foster at 724-981-8750, Ext. 5001.
School Academic Calendar
At the January 17th, 2023 School Board Meeting, the 2023-24 School Academic Calendar was approved. Please view the calendar for the upcoming school year.
Hermitage SD Health and Safety Plan
At the June 21, 2021 School Board meeting, the board approved the Health and Safety Plan Summary, which will guide the district in starting the school year. The School Board reviewed this Health and Safety Plan at the January 18, 2022, the June 20, 2022 and the January 17, 2023 Board Meetings. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Superintendent’s Office at (724) 981-8750 ext 6010. Thank you.
Hermitage School District
2022-2023 School Year
- If you test positive for Covid19, stay home for at least five days (this includes after school activities and sports). Day 0 of isolation is the day of symptom onset.
- Call your child’s school nurse.
- Household members without symptoms MUST report to school. If symptoms develop within 10 days keep your child home and notify the school nurse.
- You may end isolation after day 5 if:
- You are fever-free for 24hrs without the use of fever reducing medication
- Your symptoms are improving
- If you still have a fever or your other symptoms have not improved, continue to isolate until they improve.
- It is recommended but not required that you wear a mask through day 10 when returning to school
*****As a reminder: Please stay home if you are experiencing severe cold like symptoms and/or a fever greater than 100.4******
If you have mild cold-like symptoms without a fever you can report to school. It is recommended that you wear a mask until your symptoms are gone.