“The Mission of the Hermitage School District is to educate our students to become motivated and responsible citizens. We will graduate students who are critical thinkers, effective problem solvers, strong communicators and creative individuals. Our students will use literacy, writing and technology as tools to contribute and compete in a diverse society.”
News and Announcements
On December 2nd, the Pennsylvania Army National Guard armory in Hermitage would like to invite any students and staff to a Guard Experience from 12:00-3:00. We will have stations set up for the students to walk through and get hands on military equipment and get a familiarity with the overall mission and experience of the National Guard.
Please sign up in the guidance office by Thursday, December 1st!
Attention Senior Parents:
Senior pictures are due by April 10, 2023. Please email digital copies to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prints may be submitted to Miss Ferguson.
Also, parent ads are due by February 28, 2023. Ads may be submitted via paper or you can purchase, design, and submit your ad at yearbookforever.com.
The 2023 Hickory Nut Yearbook is on sale. Online purchases can be made at yearbookforever.com until April 30, 2023. Paper orders may be submitted to Mrs. McMahon by April 30th, 2023. Extra order forms are available in the Main Office.
There are also limited copies of the 2022 yearbook for sale at a cost of $75 in Room 122.
Hermitage School District
2022-2023 School Year
- If you test positive for Covid19, stay home for at least five days (this includes after school activities and sports). Day 0 of isolation is the day of symptom onset.
- Call your child’s school nurse.
- Household members without symptoms MUST report to school. If symptoms develop within 10 days keep your child home and notify the school nurse.
- You may end isolation after day 5 if:
- You are fever-free for 24hrs without the use of fever reducing medication
- Your symptoms are improving
- If you still have a fever or your other symptoms have not improved, continue to isolate until they improve.
- It is recommended but not required that you wear a mask through day 10 when returning to school
*****As a reminder: Please stay home if you are experiencing severe cold like symptoms and/or a fever greater than 100.4******
If you have mild cold-like symptoms without a fever you can report to school. It is recommended that you wear a mask until your symptoms are gone.
At the June 21, 2021 School Board meeting, the board approved the Health and Safety Plan Summary, which will guide the district in starting the school year. The School Board reviewed this Health and Safety Plan at the January 18, 2022 and the June 20, 2022 Board Meetings. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Superintendent’s Office at (724) 981-8750 ext 6010. Thank you.
Latest Site Updates
411 N Hermitage Rd
Hermitage, PA 16148
Phone: (724) 981-8750
Fax: (724) 981-5080
Photos seen throughout our site were taken by Natalie Stanton, HHS Alumna Class of 2016. The Hermitage School District thanks her for her contribution.
Copyright Notice. This Website, including, without limitation, all text, illustrations, graphics, photographs, and images are all copyrighted material of the Hermitage School District, and may not be used, copied, reproduced, altered, or distributed in any manner, in whole or in part, without the expressed prior written consent of the Hermitage School District.