“The Mission of the Hermitage School District is to educate our students to become motivated and responsible citizens. We will graduate students who are critical thinkers, effective problem solvers, strong communicators and creative individuals. Our students will use literacy, writing and technology as tools to contribute and compete in a diverse society.”
News and Announcements
2022-2023 Spring DMS/IES Music in our Schools Month Chorus Concert.
Get to Know Artman Day
Get to Know Artman Day is one of the transition programs that we provide for our students and families to help promote a smooth start to the Kindergarten school year.
2023-2024 Kindergarten Registration and Screenings
The Hermitage School District utilizes an online registration process for all incoming students. All registrations for incoming Kindergarten students may be completed online at this link. Once your Registration is submitted successfully you must return to this page and sign up for a screening appointment using this link. Screening dates are March 8th and 9th.
The following forms must be uploaded during the registration process:
- State Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Guardianship (if not natural parent)
- Proof of Residence (deed, lease, two current utility bills, property tax bill)
Please Note: If you do not have access to a computer, please contact our Central Administrative Offices at 724.981.8750 ext. 6000 to schedule an appointment. You will need to bring the above documents with you to the appointment in order to complete your child’s registration.
Your child must be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2023
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Cindy Foster at 724-981-8750, Ext. 5001.
School Academic Calendar
At the January 17th, 2023 School Board Meeting, the 2023-24 School Academic Calendar was approved. Please view the calendar for the upcoming school year.
Hermitage SD Health and Safety Plan
At the June 21, 2021 School Board meeting, the board approved the Health and Safety Plan Summary, which will guide the district in starting the school year. The School Board reviewed this Health and Safety Plan at the January 18, 2022, the June 20, 2022 and the January 17, 2023 Board Meetings. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Superintendent’s Office at (724) 981-8750 ext 6010. Thank you.
HHS Senior Yearbook Ads
Attention Senior Parents:
Senior pictures are due by April 10, 2023. Please email digital copies to email@example.com. Prints may be submitted to Miss Ferguson.
Also, parent ads are due by February 28, 2023. Ads may be submitted via paper or you can purchase, design, and submit your ad at yearbookforever.com.
HHS Yearbook Sale
The 2023 Hickory Nut Yearbook is on sale. Online purchases can be made at yearbookforever.com until April 30, 2023. Paper orders may be submitted to Mrs. McMahon by April 30th, 2023. Extra order forms are available in the Main Office.
There are also limited copies of the 2022 yearbook for sale at a cost of $75 in Room 122.
Hermitage School District
2022-2023 School Year
- If you test positive for Covid19, stay home for at least five days (this includes after school activities and sports). Day 0 of isolation is the day of symptom onset.
- Call your child’s school nurse.
- Household members without symptoms MUST report to school. If symptoms develop within 10 days keep your child home and notify the school nurse.
- You may end isolation after day 5 if:
- You are fever-free for 24hrs without the use of fever reducing medication
- Your symptoms are improving
- If you still have a fever or your other symptoms have not improved, continue to isolate until they improve.
- It is recommended but not required that you wear a mask through day 10 when returning to school
*****As a reminder: Please stay home if you are experiencing severe cold like symptoms and/or a fever greater than 100.4******
If you have mild cold-like symptoms without a fever you can report to school. It is recommended that you wear a mask until your symptoms are gone.